Search My Blog For Answers, Tips and More!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Carnberry-Apple Sauce

This is my favorite Cranberry Sauce Recipe! It is sweet and tart and goes great with your Thanksgiving turkey, and even better on all those 'left-over' sandwiches. I made it for the first time last year and every one loved it..even the kids. 



Cranberry-Apple Sauce
Adapted from Cuisine at Home
December 2008

1 Cup Apple Cider
1/2  cup sugar ( I added a little more to make it a little sweeter)
1 Galla apple, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  pinch of cloves
1 bag fresh cranberries (12oz)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt to taste

Boil cider, sugar, apple, cinnamon, and cloves in a saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves.  Add cranberries and simmer until berries burst and sauce thickens.  Stir in vinegar, season with salt and chill at least 2 hours.

If you don't get Cuisine at Home you should check it out.  It has the best recipes and tips and no Ads!!  I have never had a bad recipe out of 3 yrs of issues.  It comes every other month and is quite in-expensive.  Check it out on my list of favorites!!

No comments:

Post a Comment